BUSH WHISPER EXPEDITIONS CC
TOURS AND TRAVEL – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Bush Whisper Expeditions CC (hereinafter referred to as BWE) aims herein to inform their valued clients of all terms, conditions and related information regarding their tours and especially what is covered in the tour package price and what is not.
- The tour price includes the following:
- Transportation for the duration of the tour
- Accommodation as quoted and paid for
- Meals as specified
- Group equipment, which includes tents, cutlery and crockery, cooking utensils etc.
- Entry fees
- Competent, professional guides
- Items not included in the tour price.
- Personal expenses such as soft and alcoholic drinks and meals not specified;
- Additional excursions
- Tour dates are arranged well in advance and as a result, tour prices may be subject to exchange rate and other fluctuations. BWE reserves the right to increase the tour price to provide therefore, with 48 hours’ notice to clients. Such an increase will not exceed 5 % of the original tour price and the client will not be entitled to cancel the booking as a result of such an increase.
- A surcharge will be levied to the client in respect of credit card payments by the client. This surcharge will be between 5% and 7% of the charge depending on the fee levied by the applicable banking institution.
- In terms of the South African Consumer Protection Act No.68 of 2008, clients have the right to cancel advance reservations. Depending on the nature and circumstances of the cancellation BWE is entitled to apply a reasonable charge for the cancellation. We refer you to paragraph 6 here-under.
- BOOKING PROCEDURE
- To confirm a booking or when making a booking enquiry with BWE, you are to contact us or make an enquiry by utilising the information sheet on the website bushwhisper.co.za or by emailing BWE directly at
- Should there be availability on the selected tour, BWE will inform you thereof and forward you a booking sheet, itinerary, an invoice containing banking details, and these terms and conditions. All these documents require the signature of the client and are to be sent back to BWE as soon as possible. These documents make up the agreement between yourself and BWE and are to be correctly and fully completed, signed and dated.
- Proof of a 30% (THIRTY PERCENT) deposit is to accompany the documents referred to in par 2.2 above. Payment of the deposit, completion, signature and return of the documents referred to in par 2.2 will secure your booking.
- In the event of a cancellation, forfeiture of certain amounts paid will become applicable. Please see par 6 here-under for details of our cancellation policies.
- PAYMENT PERIOD
- The balance of the tour price is payable (after the deposit has been paid) no less than 45 (FORTY FIVE) days prior to the tour departure.
- In the event of the full amount due as quoted for the tour, not being received 30 (THIRTY) days prior to the departure date of the tour, BWE, may at its sole discretion and with 12 (TWELVE) hours notice to the client, cancel the booking.
- In the event of such a cancellation (as referred to in paragraph 3.2) the client’s deposit will be forfeited to BWE.
- In the event of such a cancellation (as referred to in paragraph 3.2) BWE may immediately re-book the vacancy with another client.
3.5 Late applications to join a tour will be considered by BWE based on accommodation availability. In such a case, full payment together with fully completed and signed documentation referred to in paragraph 2 will be required within 24 (TWENTY FOUR) hours to secure the booking.
- AMENDMENTS TO BOOKINGS
- In the event of a client wishing to change a confirmed booking to an alternative departure date, BWE will attempt to accommodate the client’s request provided there is available space on that tour.
- In the event that there is no availability on the requested tour, and the client elects to cancel the booking of the confirmed tour, the usual cancellation policies, as contained in paragraph 6 hereunder, will be applicable.
- In the event that the client wishes to make any changes to the itinerary or accommodation and these changes are approved by BWE the additional costs that arise out of these changes will be for the account of the client and will be in addition to the tour price already paid for. These additional costs will be paid prior to the expense being incurred by BWE and on demand by BWE
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all clients on BWE tours.
- Clients are personally responsible to arrange their own travel insurance in their country of origin.
- Proof of this travel insurance is to be submitted to BWE prior to departure of the tour.
- The travel insurance is to cover the following:
- Cancellation or curtailment costs of the tour due to death, illness or injury.
- The costs of treatment, recovery and rescue in the event of illness, injury or death.
- Loss or damage to luggage, possessions, currency.
- BWE reserves the right to obtain travel insurance at the cost of the client should no proof of insurance be submitted.
- CANCELLATION POLICY
- In the event of a cancellation by the client, BWE requires a written notice of cancellation from the client.
- In the event of a cancellation at any stage, the client will forfeit the deposit paid to BWE.
- BWE may at their sole and absolute discretion refund the client the deposit and any other monies paid by the client to BWE in exceptional circumstances, upon the furnishing of any acceptable, documentary proof which may be requested by BWE.
- In the event of a cancellation by the client, the following amounts will be forfeited, depending on the time period prior to departure;
- more than 4 (FOUR) weeks notice of cancellation, the full deposit will be forfeited.
- less than 4 weeks (FOUR), or 30 days (THIRTY) notice of cancellation the deposit plus an additional cancellation fee will be charged as follows:
- Within 29 – 21 days 40% (FORTY PERCENT) of the invoiced amount
- Within 20 -14 days 60% (SIXTY PERCENT) of the invoiced amount
- Within 13 – 0 days 100% (ONE HUNDRED PERCENT) of the invoiced amount
- Should a client fail to attend the venture or tour on the departure date and time, or elect, for any reason whatsoever, to withdraw from the tour, prior to completion thereof, the client shall receive no refund from BWE whatsoever.
- EXCHANGE & CONTROL REGULATIONS
- It is the responsibility of each client to familiarise themselves with the diverse culture and currencies in Africa. Some countries do enforce currency restrictions.
- BWE is willing to guide clients in this regard, if so requested by the client, however no liability arises for BWE from such advice, whatsoever.
The BWE fleet consists of the following vehicles which are all chosen for their practicality and reliability:
Toyota Land cruisers, Quantum’s and Sprinters.
- GROUP SIZE & AGE
- Tour group sizes vary from between 4 (FOUR) to 13 (THIRTEEN) clients. All tours are subject to a minimum of 4 (FOUR) people traveling, although a tour may still run with fewer, this will be at the sole discretion of BWE.
- Tour group sizes are kept small so as not to invade campsites with large groups, to avoid constant waiting for fellow travelers, and most importantly to maintain a more personalised service and experience to and for the client.
- We enforce a minimum age restriction of 5 (FIVE) years and a maximum age restriction of 80 (EIGHTY) years. Due to the physical and youthful nature of the tours, they are unsuitable for persons over the age of 80 (EIGHTY) or those who are not physically active.
- The minimum size of a group to guarantee departure is 4 (FOUR) people. Should there not be 4 (FOUR) people attending a tour, and the reduced number is not due to the cancellation by a member of the remaining tour party, BWE may elect to refund amounts paid by the remaining tour party at the sole and absolute discretion of BWE.
- All children aged 5 -18 (FIVE to EIGHTEEN) years are to be accompanied by a responsible adult and all clients travelling with children under the age of 18 (EIGHTEEN) years are to ensure that they are in possession of unabridged birth certificates for such children together with notarised consent by both parents for the child to be travelling to the applicable destination during the specific period.
The degree of satisfaction and enjoyment the client will experience the trip, is up to the client him/herself. This capacity, combined with an active, inquiring mind and a willingness to participate, is essential for all of our tours. Participation is essential and everyone is expected to help with chores to ensure the smooth running of the tour. A degree of flexibility is essential, because of the mere nature of the parameters in which we are required to operate.
BWE guides are well chosen for their fields of expertise. They are all registered with the Field Guides Association of Southern Africa. They are mature adults, who are young at heart and enjoy their work. Our guides are well spoken and have entertaining personalities sure to cheer you up even on your most challenging day. They love what they do and they do it well.
- Tents 2 (TWO) people sharing, are provided for the majority of the trip. For the remainder we make use of bed and breakfast accommodation, hotels and guesthouses and for the brave, even under the stars. Thin sleeping mats are provided; if you desire a more comfortable sleep you may bring your own inflatable mattress. Please take note: single clients may be required to share accommodation with other clients.
- Your attention is drawn to paragraph 4.3 above regarding any amendments by clients to the pre-booked accommodation arrangements.
- LUGGAGE ALLOWANCE
Baggage on all of our tours will be strictly limited to one large bag (barrel bag or internal framed backpack), weighing a maximum of 15kg (FIFTEEN kilograms) per person.
BWE will allow a smaller bag as hand luggage (camera bag, hand bag) per person. In order to prevent complications on vehicles, airplanes and boats, this allowance must be adhered to. SUITCASES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED.
- EQUIPMENT HIRE
Clients do have the option of hiring sleeping bags, if required. Please see attached booking form.
- SPENDING MONEY
Each tour will require different amounts of personal spending money, depending on the length of the journey, the individual’s needs and the specific conditions of each tour. Money is needed for meals en-route that are excluded in the given itinerary, curios, alcohol, soft drinks, specified restaurant meals, visas, airport taxes and transfers.
Excursions not included in the tour price are for the client’s own expense. Tipping is a customary practice in Southern Africa.
- KIT LIST AND FINAL INSTRUCTIONS
On receipt of the deposit BWE will send a suggested kit list to all clients, which will provide the client, with a guideline as to what to bring along, as well as further useful information. The client will also receive a confirmation letter which must be read carefully as it will contain both the time and point of departure and return.
- ACCEPTANCE OF BOOKING CONTRACT
A contract between BWE and the client will only be deemed to be concluded once the client has returned the confirmation letter referred to in paragraph 16 with a completed and signed booking form and all documents referred to in paragraph 2.2.
- The place of conclusion of all contracts will therefore be taken, as Johannesburg Republic of South Africa and any court proceedings shall fall in the exclusive jurisdiction of the South Gauteng High Court, or the Magistrate’s Court for the District of Germiston. It is expressly understood that South African Law shall govern this agreement and the consequences hereof.
- AIR TRANSPORT
BWE may assist with any flight bookings and arrangements, if so requested by the client, however, BWE is not a booking agent for flights. BWE will at all times endeavour to obtain the best prices possible, but they accept no liability regarding delays, cancellations or any other problems in this regard whatsoever. Passenger tickets in use by the specific airline when issued, shall constitute a contract between the airline and the passenger only. A small fee may be payable by the client for the reservation of airline tickets by BWE which fee will be indicated on the flight quotation which BWE will forward to the client and will be paid directly to BWE as indicated on the flight quotation.
- INJURIES TO THE PERSON
In the event that a client is injured or becomes seriously ill by any cause whatsoever, whilst participating in a BWE organised tour or outing, the client is obliged to attend upon an appropriate medical practitioner within 24 (TWENTY FOUR) hours and obtain a written report regarding the client’s physical condition and injury or illness. This is to be forwarded to BWE forthwith. Failure to do so will result in BWE not recognising that the injury was suffered whilst under the guidance of BWE. Notwithstanding the above, BWE does not accept liability for any damages suffered as a result or injuries or illness of clients, however, they may, at their sole discretion be willing to assist the client should the client comply with the above requirements.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS
20.1 Due to the nature of hiking, camping, touring, driving and the general third world
conditions encountered our tours/ventures, BWE, its employees, guides and
affiliates do not accept responsibility for any client or dependent thereof in respect of any loss, injury, illness, damage, accident, fatality, delay or inconvenience experience by the client, arising out of any such tour/venture organised by BWE, howsoever arising.
- All clients, by initialing these terms and conditions, bind themselves to the conditions herein contained and hereby indemnify BWE, its employees, guides and affiliates, from all and any claims arising out of or as a result of any loss, injury, illness, accident, fatality, delay, or damage suffered whilst on a BWE tour / venture.
- Should a tour/venture be cancelled by BWE due to adverse weather conditions or other reasons beyond its control, BWE may either refund the full payment to the client or offer a substitute tour/venture at its sole and absolute discretion.
- Should BWE have to curtail a tour/venture for any reason due to for instance, natural disasters, floods, other adverse weather conditions or other factors beyond its control, after the time of departure, BWE will not be liable for any form of refund whatsoever, although all reasonable measures will be taken to complete a tour/venture or to utilize an alternative arrangement or venue. Cancellation of any tour due to natural disasters or adverse weather conditions is at the sole and absolute discretion of
21.1 The parties choose their respective domicilium citandi et executandi to be as stipulated on the quotation hereto attached. All notices required to be given by one party to the other shall be in writing and may be given at the email addresses provided or may be physically served at the address provided for delivery thereof if delivered by hand and shall be deemed to be received on the day the email is despatched and the notice or document is actually served.
21.2 In the event that the domicilium citandi et executandi changes, the party changing such address is to immediately furnish the other party with such changed address, in writing.
21.3 The party receiving the change of address is to immediately acknowledge receipt of same for the domicilium to be so changed.
I ___________________ accept the above Terms and conditions signed on this the __________ day of ___________ 2017
Full Signature customer Full Signature Bush Whisper representative